Two words on a page. But watch a team for a month, or a river for a year, and the straight line starts bending back into itself. Roadmaps end. Systems return.只是两个词。但把一个团队看上一个月,把一条河看上一年,那条直线就会开始弯回自身。路线图会结束,而系统会回来。
“Very simple words — but if you observe the behaviour, or the system, it may look like lines. Nature is loop.”「很简单的一句话——但若真去观察行为、观察系统,它看起来像是直线。而自然,是循环。」
the note this station grew from这座站点生长自这句话
the difference差别在哪里
Two ways to draw the same work同一件事,两种画法
Line直线
A start, a middle, a date at the far end. Phases, handoffs, sign-off. It quietly assumes the world will hold still while you get there.有起点,有中段,末端挂着一个日期。阶段、交接、验收。它悄悄假设:在你走到那里之前,世界会站着不动。
Loop循环
Sense, act, learn, sense again. No finish line — only the next turn, arriving sooner than the last. It assumes the world moves while you move.感知、行动、学习,再感知。没有终点线,只有下一圈,而且来得比上一圈更快。它假设:你在动,世界也在动。
where the idea comes from这个念头从哪里来
Nature keeps no roadmap自然没有路线图
Nothing in a forest ships v1. Water leaves and comes back. Carbon leaves and comes back. A body stays steady only by correcting itself, thousands of times an hour. The loop is not a management technique — it is the older pattern, and it was here first.森林里没有谁在发布 v1。水离开,又回来;碳离开,又回来。身体保持稳定,靠的是每小时上千次的自我纠偏。循环不是一种管理技巧,它是更古老的图样,而且先于我们存在。
Water cycle水循环
Evaporate, condense, fall, return. No storage of finished work.蒸发、凝结、降落、回流。没有"完成品"的仓库。
What we loop, in an AI-native team在 AI 原生的组织里,我们循环什么
When an organisation re-forms every few weeks, the plan is not the artefact — the loop is. Here are five we keep turning, drawn plainly, with what each one costs the day someone straightens it into a line.当组织每隔几周就重组一次,真正被交付的不是那份计划,而是那条回路。下面是我们一直在转的五个循环,画得尽量简单——并写下当有人把它拉直成一条线时,会失去什么。
people人
Do → Notice → Reflect → Adjust做 → 察觉 → 反思 → 调整
Skill isn't delivered by a course; it's deposited one turn at a time. Straighten this and you get people who are very busy and completely unchanged.能力不是靠一门课交付的,它是一圈一圈存下来的。把它拉直,你会得到一群非常忙碌、却毫无变化的人。
Trust is built where a challenge is safe and a review is honest. Straighten this and the disagreement simply moves to private channels.信任生长在"质疑是安全的、复盘是诚实的"地方。把它拉直,分歧不会消失,只会转移到私聊里。
one turn ≈ a week一圈 ≈ 一周
operations运营
Sense → Decide → Act → Measure感知 → 判断 → 行动 → 度量
The oldest control loop there is. If measuring only happens after the quarter closes, you weren't operating — you were reporting.这是最古老的一条控制回路。如果度量只发生在季度结束之后,那你做的不是运营,是汇报。
one turn ≈ an hour to a day一圈 ≈ 一小时到一天
project项目
Plan → Do → Check → Adjust计划 → 执行 → 检查 → 调整
Shewhart and Deming drew this long before any tool you use today. Straighten it and “check” quietly becomes the post-mortem.早在你今天用的任何工具之前,休哈特与戴明就画好了它。把它拉直,"检查"就悄悄变成了事后复盘。
A model is not a deliverable; it is a partner inside a loop. The evaluation is the steering wheel. Straighten this and you ship confident nonsense at speed.模型不是交付物,而是回路里的一位同伴。评估就是那只方向盘。把它拉直,你只会更快地交付自信满满的胡说。
one turn ≈ minutes一圈 ≈ 几分钟
how to draw one怎么画出你自己的那一条
Your own loop, in four strokes四笔,画出你的循环
01
Name one full turn先命名"一整圈"
What counts as going all the way round once? Say it in a single sentence.什么算是完整地转了一圈?用一句话说清楚。
02
Draw the arrow that returns画出那支回来的箭头
The last step must feed the first. If it doesn't, you have drawn a line.最后一步必须回喂给第一步。如果没有,你画的还是一条直线。
03
Set the tempo定下节拍
Minutes, a day, a week. A loop with no tempo is a diagram, not a practice.几分钟、一天、一周。没有节拍的循环只是张图,不是习惯。
04
Choose the signal选一个信号
One number or one sentence that tells you the loop is still alive this week.一个数字,或一句话,让你知道这条回路这周还活着。
references & further reading参考与延伸阅读
Where to keep going想走远一点,从这里开始
Everything above is old news to cybernetics, to Lean, to biology. These are the primary sources and open references worth an evening each.上面写的一切,对控制论、精益与生物学来说都不是新闻。以下是值得各花一个晚上去读的原始来源与公开资料。